Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thing 10

Ning

Although I don't plan on signing up for Ning, (I have enough passwords and user names to remember as it is!) I found it interesting to look through the different networks available. I was able to find the ALA's network and look through that a little. I search for networks in Denton, Texas and found one called "Best of Denton!" It definetly wasn't the "best" site, but it was a good idea. I searched for a University of North Texas network but didn't find one. I found a lot of good vegetarian networks with recipes; Veggie Girls has a lot of content on it. I found the "Off the Mat Into the World" network, which is a yoga-based activist organization. Overall, I thought Ning was fun to look at, but it really depends on what network you find to determine its usefulness. If it's a well-kept site it's a great resource, otherwise, websites and social networking sites such as Facebook are more useful. However, it is a good place to discover blogs and discussion forums to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment