Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thing 11

Instant Messaging

I have to admit that I used to use instant messaging services all of the time. I used to have an AOL account, so that automatically provided a way for me to chat with people. I later used AIM, but my usage dropped off dramatically. I rarely chat using instant messaging systems anymore, unless it's work or school related. I don't want to be online for that long when I don't have to. For work, I have a few shifts in virtual reference, and while at work we use Communicator, and sometimes, Meebo. I've used the instant messenger on Facebook a couple of times, but prefer not to use these services anymore for personal use. I think they're great for chat reference work though, and I enjoy the opportunity to take part in virtual reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment